Is the Traditional Communications Agency Model Broken?
Because of the recurrently changing face of the communications industry, marketing and advertising are no longer just about lists of deliverables, and companies now need a full-time partner to guide them through this multifaceted new terrain. That means having a collaborator that is with you day-to-day and helps you to refine your business model to match the landscape of the modern world.
No one would have guessed ten years ago that professions such as computer programming and information technology would become part of communications. These days, the marketplace can change on a dime, which is why your communications team has to be proactive, and reactive as well. This relationship must also have continuance, and that’s the type of connection that theONEco. establishes with our clients – a full business partnership.
The Existing Communications Models
- Outsourcing Through One Agency of Record: You are billed hourly for each deliverable and may be charged up to 20 percent extra for any supplementary outside services. Additionally, most agencies will require a retainer to be on call. You will also need to have a communications manager or coordinator to liaise with whichever agency you chose.
- Outsourcing Through Multiple Service Providers: You are billed separately for each deliverable and may be charged up to 20 percent for any outside services. Each supplier needs to be briefed, met with and monitored on a continuing basis. For this type of structure, a senior communications manager is required to coordinate the daily tasks.
- Building an Internal Communications Department: You build an internal team consisting of a seasoned communications manager, in addition to professionals from a wide range of industries that have expertise in all of the necessary fields. Depending on the size of your business you will need to add a minimum of three employees to your payroll.
Introducing… Complete Convergent Communications
theONEco. business model is based on the ever-increasing needs of organizations that are looking for an all in one communications solution. Together with the client, we assess the scope and timing of all deliverables and bring in every expert needed to manage and implement your tailored communications plan. We do this by sharing our full talent pool with our clients on a full-time basis.
Plan. Create. Launch.
At theONEco, we, in essence, become a multifaceted employee that is ambidextrous and will assist and facilitate the growth of your business. We will guide your company in refining its communications model to adapt to this ever-evolving world. That is what’s truly needed today. Our founder and CEO has over 35 years of experience in the communications field and will help you to map out a true strategic business plan, which will enable your organization to reach a higher level of success and prosperity. We do not operate on a system of à la carte deliverables, but on a continuing payment structure running on a monthly basis. You retain our company to provide every service that is required to build, organize and deploy a fully loaded communications arsenal.
- Having an open and frank discussion with prospective clients to assess their needs and wish lists and nail down timing for each deliverable.
- Collaboratively identifying and adding up the time needed to complete all of the major tasks so that deadlines are set in stone.
- Taking the total cost and amortizing the payments – in a way that is convenient to the client – over a 2 to 5-year period on a monthly basis.
- Establishing one consistent monthly charge throughout the working agreement including any minor deliverables along with regular maintenance.
- The client receives no additional bills other than third-party, agreed to suppliers and out of pocket expenses.
To speak with a representative, please contact us today. Whether you prefer phone, in-person or online assistance, we’re always here to help.